Thursday, May 20, 2010

Update

I am admitting defeat! Despite trying for a couple of days, I can not get both the PCI-e and the onboard GPU to work together on the JW-A785GM-Fusion motherboard. They each work fine on their own but the best I can achieve is a hung GRUB when they are both enabled. I have even tried "long-shots" like starting the kernel with the "nopat" parameter.
On the topic of the JW-A785GM-Fusion motherboard, I am not very impressed with this item. The user-manual actually refers to a completely different board layout, their website contains 3 versions of the BIOS are either "Beta" or are not very well documented and in normal operation, the board hangs on POST about 1 out of every 3 start ups. Generally I would say to avoid this product for any application.

On a happier note, I have passed the 7 million credit mark today! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment