Friday, May 14, 2010

Progress? ... Um, no...



Well, after 2 evenings of playing around with the new motherboard and ATI card, I have the appropriate ATI Catalyst 10.4 installed along with Boinc 6.10.36 and the Collatz 64-bit ATI application (along with its library files) ... and thats where things end. I can't see get Boinc to recognize either the PCI-e card or the onboard GPU. I have tried all the tricks I gathered when installing the nVidia cards and have added "boinc" to the "video" group etc
Reading a couple of forum posts I am getting the distinct impression that this might be as a result of an incompatibility between my hardware and the specific ATI driver or Linux kernel that I currently have installed. I may try older versions over the weekend to see if anything works.



No comments:

Post a Comment