Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Suckered ... again!

I decided to upgrade the nVidia driver on the Celeron/8600GT/Windoze machine to the latest available to be able to run GPUGrid and Einstein on this machine. So, I download the driver and install it, a reboot follows ... and no CUDA task starts up. They are all there with "Ready to Start" next to them but nothing is running. After a minute or two of messing around with no success, I decide that the driver I have installed hasn't installed properly. I uninstall and install an older driver that I have used before ... no luck. So I uninstall again and after all the reboots, go back to the original 182.50 version. Still no luck. I then upgrade to the latest BOINC client, still nothing. At this stage I resort to Google and find this little gem : "If every cpu is running in "high priority mode" the cuda task are switched to "waiting to run""

Aborted a QMC task that was busy and all is back to normal!

In the words of Homer Simpson ... "D'oh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment